Students are assigned to one of four house groups when they enrolled at Patoka School.Our houses are;
The house groups are used for sporting events, assemblies, school organisation and friendly competition.
The Student Leaders (House Captains and Sports Leaders) play a vital part in helping to create the fantastic supportive family culture that exists within Patoka School. They are role models for the younger students to look up to and they help to foster our positive school culture.
The Student Leaders are responsible for;
- School assemblies
- Lunchtime sports and activities
- Helping to run school and interschool sporting and academic events
- Organising their house for school events
The teaching staff nominate students who have displayed potential leadership skills for the role of House Captain or Sports Leader at the end of each year.
As a school we try and provide relevant training opportunities for the Student Leaders through the school programme and via other sources. For example by attending;
- Physical Activity Leaders Training
- Bus Monitor training sessions
- Meeting with Leaders from other schools.