A unique aspect of Pātoka School are the intermediate years (Years 7-8). We offer a fantastic alternative to large intermediates. Small class sizes and a dedication to two more years of learning set our students up for a seamless and well prepared transition to High School. Our students have the opportunity to learn specific skills such as; hard materials, cooking, art, sewing and electronics when they attend Tamatea Intermediate on a Monday.
Developing our emerging adolescents as leaders is a key area. They receive many opportunities to develop these skills. We are committed to providing wide and varied opportunities, real leadership development and practice. We offer a range of opportunities for all students whilst not compromising teaching and learning as our main goal.
We provide a balanced curriculum ensuring:
- Commitment to literacy and numeracy
- Exceptional teaching and learning
- Personalised learning
- Challenge and Extension
- A safe environment where risk taking is encouraged
- A high level of student accountability and responsibility
- Students are prepared for high school transition
- Diverse learning experiences matched with small class sizes
- Utilising outside expertise to foster achievement
- Opportunities to foster and develop leadership
- Career Education
- Learning a second language